Thursday, August 8, 2013

Jessi's Matthew 7:6 Study shared on Youth For Jesus November 10, 2012


Jessica's Matthew 7:6 Greek Study Shared on Youth For Jesus Radio Show on November 10th, 2012, KCIF 90.3 Big Island, Hawaii.

"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you."  (KJV)

I was just flipping randomly through my Hebrew and Greek Bible when my eyes suddenly fell on that verse.  It was interesting, and I didn't quite understand it.  I always thought that it meant you shouldn't give precious and valuable things to irresponsible people.  Now, I have a different perspective.  Here is what I was able to dig out from God's Word!  I am just going to cover the more important points.

The word "holy" in Greek means blameless, consecrated, holy, and Holy One.  In my understanding, I think this word represents Jesus.  It expresses something more and higher than just sacred, to be outwardly associated with God.  It is characteristically, godlikeness.  The next word, "dog", means, a dog or hound.  Metaphorically, dogs are ungodly men with impure and immoral minds.  And, actually, the word "give" means to cast, throw, thrust out, and cast out.  To throw or let go of something without caring where it falls.  The word "trample" signifies, to reject with disdain, to trample underfoot.  Also, "treading under foot" the Son of God.  What I think Jesus was saying to us through this verse is that sometimes we forsake Him.  We let go of the "Holy One" carelessly and allow immoral people to reject, trample and blaspheme His name.  But even though we do that, He still forgives us and gives us a new start.  We stand blameless before Him!  All we need to do is accept the free gift of salvation.  Jesus will do the rest for us.  Exodus 20:7.

Jessica Chang, 7th Grade, Homeschool

No comments:

Post a Comment