Wednesday, August 7, 2013


Luke 22:29  KJV  "And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;"

Interpretation based on the following study:  I also Am the Way, to set forth and appoint you for your sakes, to be named and appointed heirs of mine.  Even as My Father purposed Me to nourish, protect, teach and care for you, so that you may belong to Him in His Kingdom and Rulership.  

Greek:  kago diatithemai humin kathos dietheto moi o pater mou basileian

Definitions/Greek Strong's numbers:

2504-kago:  and, also, even, I, to me, and I, I also, so I, even I, me also, both me, even so I in like wise, I too, I indeed, I moreover, I therefore, if I, I then, I likewise, I but, when I

1303-diatithemai:  denoting channel or way of an act to place, ordain, make, appoint, lay down, give, commit, purpose, set forth, settle, choose, select, call, name, enable, oversee, to ten, feed, appointed heirs, through, by, with, for this cause, because, by reason of, thereby

5213-humin:  you, yourselves, thou, ye, thy, thee, thine, thine own, your, to you, with you, by you, yours, for your sakes, youward, your own

2531-kathos:  just as, even as, according as, when, according to, as well as, in as much as, that, how

1303-diatithemai:  denoting channel or way of an act to place, ordain, make, appoint, lay down, give, commit, purpose, set forth, settle, choose, select, call, name, enable, oversee, to ten, feed, appointed heirs, through, by, with, for this cause, because, by reason of, thereby

3427-moi:  to me, my, me, I, mine

3588-to:  the, which, who, the things, the Son, this, that, one, he

3962-pater:  father, nourisher, protector, upholder, progenitor, patriarch, originator of a family or company of persons animated by the same spirit as himself, preacher, teacher, care and tending to the needs of the children, Source and Giver of whatsoever provides illumination, physical or spiritual, God as Creator, to warm, brood, foster, cherish, to heat, soften with heat, to keep warm covering the young with feathers, to cherish with tender love, to foster with tender care, to nurse, Abba approximating a personal name framed by the lips of children betokens trust beyong reason expressing an intelligent apprehension of the relationship by a child with its father where the two together express teh love and intelligent confidence of the relationship, first, union, joined, devoted, consecrated

3450-mou:  of me, mine, mine own, my

932-basileia:  realm, rule, reign, sovereignty, royal power, kingdom, dominion, territory, sphere of rulership and governance at any time where God's rule is acknowledged, beyond nominal allegiance but heart obedience, submission to rulership, from a new birth gifted by the Holy Spirit, one receives a new heart to have a new capacity and desire to know Him, made evidence by heart obedience, only such as do the will of God shall enter His domain or kingdom or rulership to belong fully and completely to God, royalty, govern, sphere in which at any given time God's authority is acknowledged and willingly obeyed, foundation of power, entrance, accession, belonging to a king

Definitions derived from:  The New Strong's Expanded Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible, red letter edition, Hebrew & Greek Dictionary, 2010 edition.  CWP Teacher edition Interlinear Bible.  

No comments:

Post a Comment